01. Due to a limitation in the backend system, a system API can only handle up to 500 requests per second. What is the best type of API policy to apply to the system API to avoid overloading the backend system?
a) Rate limiting
b) HTTP caching
c) Rate limiting - SLA based
d) Spike control
02. A retail company is using an Order API to accept new orders. The Order API uses a JMS queue to submit orders to a backend order management service.
The normal load for orders is being handled using two (2) CloudHub workers, each configured with 0.2 vCore. The CPU load of each CloudHub worker normally runs well below 70%. However, several times during the year the Order API gets four times (4x) the average number of orders.
This causes the CloudHub worker CPU load to exceed 90% and the order submission time to exceed 30 seconds. The cause, however, is NOT the backend order management service, which still responds fast enough to meet the response SLA for the Order API.
What is the MOST resource-efficient way to configure the Mule application's CloudHub deployment to help the company cope with this performance challenge?
a) Permanently increase the size of each of the two (2) CloudHub workers by at least four times (4x) to one (1) vCore
b) Use a horizontal CloudHub autoscaling policy that triggers on CPU utilization greater than 70%
c) Use a vertical CloudHub autoscaling policy that triggers on CPU utilization greater than 70%
d) Permanently increase the number of CloudHub workers by four times (4x) to eight (8) CloudHub workers
03. An organization is starting an API-led connectivity journey and is deciding between deployment options. Currently, all their systems are customer-hosted on their premises.
A CloudHub region is available close to their data center and their InfoSec team has approved the usage of an IPsec tunnel. The organization has agreed to use a cloud-first approach and in some Mule application deployments the Mule runtime must be fine-tuned for lower latency.
What is the best runtime plane option for the organization, given their current systems and requirements?
a) Anypoint Runtime Fabric
b) CloudHub workers in a CloudHub region nearest to their data center
c) Customer-hosted Mule runtimes
d) A hybrid combination of customer-hosted and MuleSoft-hosted Mule runtimes
04. A Mule application exposes an HTTPS endpoint and is deployed to three CloudHub workers that do not use static IP addresses. The Mule application expects a high volume of client requests in short time periods.
What is the most cost-effective infrastructure component that should be used to serve the high volume of client requests?
a) The CloudHub shared load balancer
b) Runtime Manager autoscaling
c) An API proxy
d) A customer-hosted load balancer
05. An API client calls one method from an existing API implementation. The API implementation is later updated.
What change to the API implementation would require the API client's invocation logic to also be updated?
a) When the data type of the response is changed for the method called by the API client
b) When a new method is added to the resource used by the API client
c) When a new required field is added to the method called by the API client
d) When a child method is added to the method called by the API client
06. Traffic is routed through an API proxy to an API implementation. The API proxy is managed by API Manager and the API implementation is deployed to a CloudHub VPC using Runtime Manager. API policies have been applied to this API.
In this deployment scenario, at what point are the API policies enforced on incoming API client requests?
a) At both the API proxy and the API implementation
b) At the API proxy
c) At a MuleSoft-hosted load balancer
d) At the API implementation
07. A set of tests must be performed prior to deploying API implementations to a staging environment. Due to data security and access restrictions, untested APIs cannot be granted access to the backend systems, so instead mocked data must be used for these tests.
The amount of available mocked data and its contents is sufficient to entirely test the API implementations with no active connections to the backend systems.
What type of tests should be used to incorporate this mocked data?
a) Integration tests
b) Performance tests
c) Functional tests (Blackbox)
d) Unit tests (Whitebox)
08. A company has started to create an application network and is now planning to implement a Center for Enablement (C4E) organizational model.
What key factor would lead the company to decide upon a federated rather than a centralized C4E?
a) When various teams responsible for creating APIs are new to integration and hence need extensive training
b) When the majority of the applications in the application network are cloud based
c) When development is already organized into several independent initiatives or groups
d) When there are a large number of existing common assets shared by development teams
09. What is the main change to the IT operating model that MuleSoft recommends to organizations to improve innovation and clock speed?
a) Drive consumption as much as production of assets; this enables developers to discover and reuse assets from other projects and encourages standardization
b) Expose assets using a Master Data Management (MDM) system; this standardizes projects and enables developers to quickly discover and reuse assets from other projects
c) Implement SOA for reusable APIs to focus on production over consumption; this standardizes on XML and WSDL formats to speed up decision making
d) Create a lean and agile organization that makes many small decisions everyday; this speeds up decision making and enables each line of business to take ownership of its projects
10. A company wants to move its Mule API implementations into production as quickly as possible. The company's InfoSec group requires that all APIs be accessed using HTTPS and two-way authentication.
What combination of runtime plane and control plane options meets these project lifecycle goals?
a) Manually provisioned customer-hosted runtime plane and MuleSoft-hosted control plane
b) iPaaS provisioned customer-hosted runtime plane and MuleSoft-hosted control plane
c) Manually provisioned customer-hosted runtime plane and customer-hosted control plane
d) MuleSoft-hosted runtime plane and MuleSoft-hosted control plane